Guarantor Privacy Consent Document
The word “Information” means credit information, personal information, and information about the services you use that are provided by the Landlord as listed in this rental application and information relating to your tenancy at the Premises applied for in this rental application including information regarding the duration of your tenancy, monthly rent, emergency contacts and any matters relating to your lease/tenancy agreement, including misrepresentations relating to, defaults under and/or breaches of your lease/tenancy agreement or any other matter experienced by The Landlord.
“Credit Information” means information about you, including your name, age, date of birth, occupation, place of residence, previous places of residence, occupancy length, marital status, co-occupant’s/spouse’s/same-sex partner’s name and age, number of dependents, particulars of education or professional qualifications, field of employment, places of employment, previous places of employment, employment durations, estimated income, paying habits, outstanding debt obligations, cost of living obligations, involvement in bankruptcy proceedings or landlord and tenant disputes, assets, and banking information (including account and credit card information).
“Personal Information” means information about you other than credit information that is relevant to your suitability as a tenant, including information gathered from references (provided by you to The Landlord) concerning your character, reputation, physical or personal characteristics or mode of living or about any other matter or experience concerning you that is relevant to your suitability as a tenant.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Information
In consideration for The Landlord accepting you as a guarantor and entering into a Tenancy Agreement with you, you expressly consent to and authorize the following:
- The Landlord may obtain Information about you through a credit report conducted by Rent Check Credit Bureau Ltd. and as permitted or required by law. You expressly authorize Rent Check Credit Bureau Ltd. to provide Credit Information regarding you to The Landlord.
- The Landlord may use Information about you to determine your suitability as a guarantor and as permitted or required by law.
- The Landlord may disclose Credit Information about you to Rent Check Credit Bureau Ltd., as permitted or required by law, for inclusion within a database of rent-roll information and within a tenancy file on you, for purposes of:
• tenancy reporting and credit reporting in accordance with provincial credit and consumer reporting acts;
• establishing a credit history and or rental history;
• maintaining aggregate statistical data for purposes of tenancy and credit scoring; and
• supporting the credit approval process in accordance with governing legislation.
- You expressly authorize Rent Check Credit Bureau Ltd. to retain positive Credit Information regarding you for the purposes outlined in section 3 above, for up to 20 (twenty) years. Negative Credit Information shall be maintained on record in accordance with provincial credit and consumer reporting acts.
- You agree that all statements on this Student Residence Application are true and you expressly authorize all references given to release information about you to The Landlord for verification subject to sections 1 to 5.
**DISCLAIMER: Rent Check does not represent, warrant or guarantee that this Consent Statement will be valid or enforceable in all circumstances or for every Landlord. Each individual Landlord should modify the language of this Consent Statement to suit their individual circumstances and should obtain legal advice regarding the appropriate consent to be obtained from their prospective tenants.